Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2015-2016 coding  (Read 848 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
2015-2016 coding
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:08:37 am »

I've updated all PCs to Windows 10 and updated the development tool to Microsoft visual 2015.
Unfortunately I had a bit of a issue on my development PC as I had a dual boot for win 10 & 7
I can boot to 7 but only to safe mode this will prevent me from coding in it (cB)
Nothing was lost but I'll need to move a few things over before I can get at further developing PCC.
Currently I have no adds planed at the moment as I just wish to tweak PCC more for Win10 which most users will be moving to.
This may mean a total rebuild. ::) :`)
I have noticed some issues with the code when compiling in Visual studio 2015 which may result in some options being dropped.
These may or may not get added back depending on if new drivers are found.

I've been working closely with Authinx and testing their new Wi-Fi module.
The protocol still hasn't been shared however if it ever is PCC will get the option to interface with it.
I do have a good bit of the AHP code and have been going over this In hopes I can figure out the saving to interface (cm15) routine but this is proving to be harder then I had thought for a novice like me.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:59:03 pm by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: 2015-2016 coding
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:03:21 pm »

With 4.0.5.6 released  I see there are still a few errors getting thrown for users running Windows 7.
I managed to get my dual boot working for win7 again without having to boot to safe mode
Although I can't reproduce the errors here the error screen shots users have supplied points to sound card driver issues. I had mean to add a catch for that for 4.0.5.6 but it got overlooked (it is now coded for the next release)
With me needing to monitor 2 homes at different times I've started to code to make this a little easier.
Ultralight does help with this as does X10relayer however I need positive proof something was triggered. Cameras help but so does a screen shot of the remote machine if a status page is displaying.
I'm working on a real time status page which will report status of a monitored house code (all 16 units) as well displays a single camera image (x10{capture card type device}, IP cam or Kinects) and reads a info file(text, CSV, Log type file).
The monitored house code seems to be working well and remembers the last state if for some reason there was a power outage so this may get expanded to include all 256 addresses before this session of development is done.
Although my setups are primarily X10 I continue to play with Zwave and other protocols.
Unfortunately I seem to get distracted from them as I don't have many devices that require coding for it or to be able to test. (CZB)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:19:34 pm »

I've started to notice some reliability issues with AHP and my Windows 10 64 bit PCs.
This is making me recode PCC timers, and adding support for some security sensors to PCC.
The Adding of the Security sensors won't affect current users however the recoding of the timers may.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 11:24:46 am »

I've started to notice some issues with PCC plugins in Windows 10.
Some are just display issues while others have errors poping up which never apeared before.
I asume the errors are from old drivers which aren't compatible with Windows 10.
For this reason all plugins are going to get revisited.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]