Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: X10Dispatch Version 4.0.0 Released  (Read 1903 times)

pipeline

• Helpful Rating: 0
X10Dispatch Version 4.0.0 Released
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:44:09 am »

Not sure if anyone out there uses this anymore but I have upgraded x10dispatch to work the (final?) active home sdk which allows use of modern versions of Windows (7/8/8.1)  Thanks Tuicemen for that sdk link  ;D 

So I am finally replacing my old xp netbook which I ran dispatcher on with a modern 8.1 box and needed to do this as well a future proof it a little.

It now :
- Supports Windows 7/8/8.1
- Supports the latest AH SDK
- Removes broken MSN support
- Adds Twitter support as replacement to MSN
- Revamped web server 'CustomWeb' support allows creation of full JS/AJAX web sites.
- Added some JSON webservices which you can call from CustomWeb pages.

I have binaries and source code posted on codeplex.com (search for x10dispatcher)

To use twitter you need to :
- Set up a twitter account
- Go to dev.twitter.com and sign in using that account
- Add an application; will require entering name, description, and website... make up your own if you can but If you don't have a website you can use x10dispatcher.codeplex.com.  Set 'Access Level' on application to read/write, generate new access token, verify access token is also read write.  Under Details tab you see all settings including 'Consumer Key', 'Consumer Secret', 'Access Token', and 'Access Token Secret'... those four keys are what you need to put into x10dispatcher to allow it to tweet.

x10dispatcher stores those values in plain text xml file (DispatchSettings.xml) so make sure not to post that publicly.  I recommend creating a new twitter account and setting (from twitter.com) permission to only people you approve... that way you don't have random people watching your alerts.

If anyone uses this and has questions, feel free to post here and I will respond.

Thanks tuicemen for keeping a place for x10 community  (GJ)

pipeline

Re: X10Dispatch Version 4.0.0 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:57 am »

Oh yea, in case you are on Windows 8.1 here's a (maybe obvious?) tip for remotely viewing cam stills...

Skydrive is integrated into the filesystem so all you have to do is save (or copy) images to your c:\Users\Username\Skydrive folder or subfolder of it.  I have dorgem cam capture saving to 2 locations, first location is to hard disk every 4 seconds, the other is to skydrive folder maybe every 30 seconds.   I can log in to skydrive from work and view the cam stills.

Pretty neat, not sure if there are any bandwidth quotas/limits but maybe limit it to only those hours you need to do this.   If you don't use dorgem just have a script/batch file to copy over to that directory on a schedule.   Allow a few seconds for the file to upload don't set 3 second interval or you might overlap copies.

I use this separate functionality, along with x10dipatcher's twitter functionality to handle remote monitoring.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:12:20 pm »

Nice to see this back working.  :)!
MSN not working had many users looking for a replacement.
As for the X10 community the new owners have brought back the old forums `:)
(same address)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:39:16 pm »

For those interested I've also added the x10dispatcher files to my server.
Just unzip into the folder you wish to run x10dispatch from.
Note this doesn't come with any sound files so you'll want to grab them from the old version or some from another application like PCC ;>
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

pipeline

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »

Thanks for hosting it here :)  I have only a few sounds in that zip but I still have all the original sounds.   If anyone wants all the original wavs them I can post them somewhere.  They are mostly comical but appropriate  ;>

Tuicemen you have been busy you have all sorts of apps.  Well if any A.I. was going to take over the planet at least yours are pleasant  ;D
Pages: [1]