Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New X10 Wi-Fi Unit  (Read 12630 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: New X10 Wi-Fi Unit
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 10:48:24 am »

Word is the iOS app is almost done for this and should be ready for the initial release set for March 2016.
Progress is comming along with programing the new chip though not completed as yet.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 10:45:18 am »

The new chip has been completed!
However the new chip required some hardware modifications be made to the unit which have been completed.
A unit I'm told has been sent to the software developer so required code changes can be made and tested.
Authinx doesn't expect a test unit until end of March or first week of April.
So it will be at least 2nd week of April 2016 before we're likely to see anything official about the module.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 11:24:10 am »

Update:
It appears the hardware and new TI chip are living up to expectations.
The new chip allows multi device connections (something the old chip didn't).
Currently there is a software issue with synchronization and multi devices.
it is hoped this issue can be worked out by next week. ::) :`).
Word is a $15 discount will be initially offered to  X10 forum members that have their name on one.
Still I don't expect to see this before mid May.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 12:24:49 pm »

Well here we are end of June and still no word on a release date. (DH)
I have been trying to contact the owner since the first and found out he was out of the country till the 27th.
Not sure if it was module production related but it sure looks that way.
Hopefully I'll hear something before the end of this week.
If I didn't have a 1st generation prototype I'd think this was pie in the sky. ??? ::) :`)
Speaking of this it has been running smooth unless power is lost to my router and not it.
I'm told that issue has been addressed.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 09:46:59 am »

Some Sad news!
Seems there has been a bit of a setback.
The latest test module Authinx received had major connection issue which the manufacture says they can't recreate.
Authinx has got some engineers looking into the issue but there is idea how long this will take to root out.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2016, 08:16:38 am »

I haven't forgotten about this!
I've been pressuring the owner for updates on this almost weekly and I'm sure he is getting tired of me pestering him on this.
I'm told they'll have some news by ends week. Sure hope it is good news and not just that they are still attempting to locate the problem. ::) :`)
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 11:31:25 am »

It has been a while since updating this, but the news hasn't been promising till now.
Authinx has gone through a couple of proto type builds and finally has one that is staying connected(at least in their trials)
There are a few Software tweaks that still need to be worked out however that is the case with all things new. Since the current build they have was hand produced they are trying to get another one created to compare results.
 (Chr)

Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:44 am »

I've been pressing the Authinx owner to get the manufacture to release the protocol (Wi-Fi get/post calls) this would allow some basic on/off/dim control via a PC.
It would also allow me to integrate with Alexa via HA-Bridge.
I keep being told it should be coming shortly.  (DH)
I've been informed the manufacture will not be supplying a SDK due to arrangements it made with the APP developer. Seems it would be far to costly. ??? ::) :`)
Apparently the same developer that created the Wijit app is working on the X10 hub app :(
I've now seen both and although the x10 app is better there are still to many similarities for my liking. Both need a lot of work!
 (CZB)
Some good news though the hardware works well with the sub par App, though it is bringing to light questions of what all the hardware is and isn't capable of.
 ??? ::) :`)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

roger1818

• Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2017, 11:15:25 am »

I've been pressing the Authinx owner to get the manufacture to release the protocol (Wi-Fi get/post calls) this would allow some basic on/off/dim control via a PC.

Will it be publicly released so that anyone can play with it, or will you get it privately?  I would love to do some playing with it.

Quote from: Tuicemen
I've been informed the manufacture will not be supplying a SDK due to arrangements it made with the APP developer.

Not a big deal as long as they release the protocol.  An SDK is typically platform dependant, so providing one has limited benefit.

Quote from: Tuicemen
it is bringing to light questions of what all the hardware is and isn't capable of.

While you may not be able to know what the hardware isn't capable of, what do you know it definitely is capable of?  Obviously it is capable of basic on/off/dim control, but do you know if there are any timer or macro capabilities (even if limited)?  Extended commands?  Do you know yet if it uses powerline or RF?  My hope is for the former (the latter doesn't support extended commands for one thing and it adds and extra device in the chain, reducing reliablility).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:29 pm »

I'm unsure if even Authinx will see the protocol.
The protocol and SDK realy isn't that big of deal. there are tools like WireShark that will sniff out wi-fi packets sent to and from specific IP addresses. I'm hoping they release the protocol publicly to avoid having to do that. however if so it won't be untill the unit is on sale.

Here is what I know the hub is currently capable of.
it is a wi-fi to x10 PLC there is no RF.
It sends on/off/dim/bright with no sign of any thing else
There are scenes with option to add delays in 1 min increments up to 59 mins so sort of a basic macro but must be triggered from the app. I don't know the maximum run time of these scenes.
More then one device can connect at the same time and changing a devices state on one device updates the status on the others.
I'm told another version of the app is in the works with bug fixes Authinx discovered.
Hopefully the new version will give more insight into what the device can do.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

petediscrete

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2017, 04:07:12 pm »

I'm assuming you haven't seen a US version of the TIP10RF. I'm using the European version and it does everything this proposed unit does and more. If Authinx delays any further they can kiss goodbye to their business model.

You've been filling a gap left by the demise of AHP and you're doing a fantastic job. Your Alex10 contribution has managed to keep the interest in x10 alive but Authinx need to start producing the goods and quickly.

For what it's worth, if I was you I'd step back a little from these guys and start looking a little closer at what you could produce in the Linux world. Most of what you've produced could probably be ported to a new platform and with the rapid development in Mono I imagine you could be up and running quite quickly.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2017, 04:09:10 am »

Thanks for the vote of confidence petediscrete.
The TIP10RF is a totally different animal then what Authinx has been working on.
It is Wi-Fi to x10 RF what Authinx's x10 hub does is Wi-Fi- to PLC no need for a transceiver.
I currently use a inexpensive Broadlink RF Pro for Wi-Fi to X10 which is a universal Wi-Fi  to RF or IR, and superior to the TIP10RF.
There also is an Alexa skill for it though that currently only works for entertainment (IR)devices.

The current hub Authinx is working on will be their low end hub.
They are planning another version (pro) which will replace the cm15 doing both RF and PLC.
This version was decided on to work out bugs paving the way for the advanced version as RF isn't as difficult to create.

I may have a look at Mono though I'm getting a bit to old to learn a new programming language. (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

petediscrete

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2017, 04:29:46 pm »

Thanks for the vote of confidence petediscrete.
The TIP10RF is a totally different animal then what Authinx has been working on.
It is Wi-Fi to x10 RF what Authinx's x10 hub does is Wi-Fi- to PLC no need for a transceiver.
I currently use a inexpensive Broadlink RF Pro for Wi-Fi to X10 which is a universal Wi-Fi  to RF or IR, and superior to the TIP10RF.
There also is an Alexa skill for it though that currently only works for entertainment (IR)devices.

The current hub Authinx is working on will be their low end hub.
They are planning another version (pro) which will replace the cm15 doing both RF and PLC.
This version was decided on to work out bugs paving the way for the advanced version as RF isn't as difficult to create.

I may have a look at Mono though I'm getting a bit to old to learn a new programming language. (Chr)

Came across this device to. Looks like it would PLC if the house had a transceiver installed. Cheap enough too.

https://www.uk-automation.co.uk/cm19-x10-usb-transceiver-rf-transmitter-receiver/

I'm just wondering what new products Authinx have introduced since they took the reigns. I'm assuming there's been no further made on AHP either. I wonder if they have any other application in mind. Time is moving on and I fear so is their customer base.

Brian H

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:18 am »

The CM19E you linked to is the European version of our CM19A. Using the European RF frequency that are different from ours.

There is now a WS469 push button relay wall switch with a more quiet relay.
XPS4 replacing the XPS3. Has a more quiet relay and AGC.
SR751 X10 RF repeater that is much improved over the older X10 RF Repeater.
PLC01 plug in module X10 power line signal repeater.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 03:03:02 am »

I've tested the new and improved modules Authinx released which Brian listed.
All are far better then the old X10 modules they replaced.
Authinx decided to deal with existing users issues like RF range and PLC so older modules operation life could be extended first.
Many didn't wish to replace their existing modules with all new ones.
The repeaters help with that.
The new wall switches are a sample of what Authinx has planed for new modules, all will eventually have the new relays and AGC.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6