Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dispatcher to Detect X10 Flooding  (Read 2266 times)

Knightrider

• Helpful Rating: 5
  • Home Automator since 1988
    • This Automated House
Dispatcher to Detect X10 Flooding
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:10 am »

Ok, So here's a quick tutorial:

First, get x10dispatcher.

Next, install it.

Third, Open the program, and hit F8 to get to the options screen.  Make sure that you're in Advanced mode, not the beginner mode.  This is an option found at the bottom of the options screen.  You should now see a screen that has about 13 tabs across the top of it.  The first tab you need to visit is the "Dispatch Macros" tab.  This is where you will set up the actions for dispatcher to take in the event of a flood condition.

For this  situation, I set up mine to speak a TTS phrase in the event of a flood.

Fourth, You need to give the macro a name,  You'll see an option to add the name in the lower left of the pane.  I called mine "Flood Alert" and then clicked the "add" button. This will add your new macro to the "existing macro" pane on the left.  While my new macro is highlighted in the left pane, I went to the upper right pane and selected "tts speak" as an available option by double clicking on it.  

This brings up an action in the lower right pane, which gives you the option to specify both the action name and the text to speak.

Under "text to speak" I typed X10 flood alert. and then clicked the double left arrow button to the immediate upper left of the lower right pane.  This added the action to the macro listed in the left pane.

At this point, you can add other steps to your macro, such as email text, or invoke another program.  If you know the gateway address of your cell phone carrier, you can use this option to send an alert to your cell phone.  Since I don't consider x10 flooding a tier I threat to my X10 set up, the spoken alert is enough for me.

You now need to click the "save" button to add the macro into the system.

Fifth,  You need to click the "Misc" tab on top of the options page.  This brings up a page that allows you to set up the actual flooding condition.  There is a tic box on the right side of the page in the middle of the field.  It says "enable flood detection".  Go ahead and check it.

Right below it, you'll find the settings for the number of x10 events and a time frame.  Default for each is 20, and I left mine at default.  Below that, you'll find a drop down box that allows you to set the macro to invoke in a flood condition.  If you saved your macro correctly, your newly created macro should be there.

All you have to do now is save your settings and enjoy.

-cheers
Tuicemen Software picks up where AHP left off!

Satisfied BVC user since November 2007

Proud Supporter of Xenia Kids and Robots. 
Introducing kids to high technology and teamwork since 2009.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Dispatcher to Detect X10 Flooding
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 07:48:50 am »

Thanks for posting the detailed write up.
I had forgotten about the beginner and advanced setting. Without checking the advanced tab all the options aren't vissible. (CZB)
 (GJ)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Dispatcher to Detect X10 Flooding
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:45 am »

For those that get a little confused in the macro setup area here is a little step by step:
1: type in the name you wish for the macro
2: click the add button
3: the macro now appears in the  existing macro box highlight it by clicking on it
4: select the action you wish the macro to perform from the available actions
5: this brings up the action setup edit the fields to reflect your settings in this example it is a email action
6: press the << Button which adds the action to the macro
7: If you need to edit this click this to highlight repeat 4 and 5 then press the Check marked button to update the action
8: click save

Hope some find this helpful  ;>
Note: you need to log in to see the attached screen shot
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:46:31 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]