Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Market.  (Read 9330 times)

elctlary

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: No Market.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 10:36:47 am »

(GJ)

Will be buying another 7p with 4.0 so I can try the Androidmarket fix.javascript:void(0);

GJF
I have the7p ICS  :-\ and tried the market fix and it was not successful, (cB) the google services framework will not install. You have a chance to try it out yet? I tried a installing in a different order a few times and no joy. Gonna try restoring to factory config next and try again.

Rant;

(DH) It really irritates me also the customer service w/X10. I called sales before ordering and asked if the airpads had bluetooth because the specs didn't show it she told me she didn't know and told me to hold on, she came back shortly and said "Yes they do" I said "which one", her  "Both of them", me "both the 7" and 10"? her "Yes", me "You're sure about this?" her, (not very happy with me) "YES, I just spoke with my supervisor!". I get the 7p w/ICS and guess what? No bluetooth!  :o NOT!
Tried to call customer service and held for one hour and never talked to a human, >:( Disgusting to say the least. Bluetooth was one of my main requirements. Has anyone heard of any way to get a bluetooth dongle to work? :)`

Done Ranting.

Larry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »

elctlary,
I believe your the first to try this with ICS.
This may prevent me from Updating to ICS if (when) X10 releases the update for the Airpad 7
I know it took several goes before it worked on my original Airpad.
I had to do a factory restore before it took.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

elctlary

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 01:49:08 pm »

Great! I love being the guinea pig ::) I reset to factory (I wonder if the amazon app store was the problem??) and installed in the order given per instruction and it worked! ~:0~ I used my existing google account and it accepted it and I downloaded the Nook app with no prob. I'll continue to experiment and post back here with any problems or successes.

Thanks
Larry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:45 pm »

The amazon app store may have been the issue as I also had that installed.
Good to know the procedure works for ICS enabled Airpads as well! `:)
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

elctlary

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 02:41:24 pm »

Update, I was having trouble getting some of the google apps to work, maps, and calender sync, mainly. I reset back to factory and reinstalled the four files listed as previously mentioned from the youtube video in the order listed under the video, NOT the order that a previous user had reordered them to and then set up my google account as a exchange account per google's instructions and viola! my accounts all syncronize, Calender, mail,maps,market,latitude, all work fine. My favorite Places on maps will save now and they wouldn't before. I kept getting login errors. I also had to make sure that on google, in my account, 2 step verification was off. I am currently working on getting the pad to recognize a bluetooth dongle so I can use my BT GPS. :0~ Hopefully I can get it woking, (I'm not gonna hold my breath but I don't give up easy. ;D

I noticed over on the X10 site there were still some ppl that were having trouble getting Market to work. Is it more difficult on the tablets that were not ICS? i.e. 2.3

Until Later,
Larry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:04 am »

I noticed over on the X10 site there were still some ppl that were having trouble getting Market to work. Is it more difficult on the tablets that were not ICS? i.e. 2.3

Until Later,
Larry
I think most useres are affraid to flash and atempt to add market because of the warnings.
the instructions here work for even the original Airpads though thouse with roms 001 or 002 already had it on them.
003 and 004 roms did not.
It took me 3 or 4 goes to install on a 004 rom (original pad) and gjf has installed on newer Airpads with out ICS.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

autom8r

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »

Wow great thread. I used the above method, and now have Google Play working!  (latest Airpad 7P, ICS 4.0.3) `:)   Everything synced correctly, and all my paid apps loaded and function properly.  This workaround is SO much easier than reflashing the whole tablet.LOVE having X10 Commander on my new Airpad.
Thanks for the great info!   (NTr)

Jeff

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53:17 am »

Thanks for letting us know this works with the latest Airpad 7P and ICS.
If you like X10 commander try TAC it's like a android version of PCCompanion. ;>
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Dave R

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 06:00:04 am »

I have been using x10 Commander on both IOS and Android.  CM19A required.  It works on both platforms. Minor response issues. If anyone is interested in more info please post reply
Pages: 1 [2]