Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: IR Pilot  (Read 1498 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
IR Pilot
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:42:18 am »

As of PCC Version 3.1.0.1
You can utilize a USBUirt.
This plug-in like most is usable on its own.
Since this just captures the IR (infra red) signals and saves them to files you need PCC to actualy send or receive the signals.
However there is a way to use this info with a tiny command line app (uutx.exe) found at the USBUirt web site.
IR Pilot saves a text file special for this app (IR_commands.txt).
With this you could trigger a command line option to send the IR command you wish  from another program.
Even though you can do this with PCC.

Note: This text file isn't how PCC sends or receives IR commands so you can blow this away.
However every time you add a new IR device with IR Pilot it will recreate it.
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:49:04 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tolvstad

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: IR Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:14 am »

I just purchased USBUirt and trying to set it up to run my IR remote controlled fireplace with a user command.  `:)
When I use IR Pilot and click on the bottom "Fetch IR" a code appears in the box.  When I click test and press the remote it says "code matches.   ~:0~ If I click on the top "IR Fetch" and follow the instructions the program locks up.  (cB) The remote only blinks once when I push the button.  I notice others continue to blink, but this remote must just send the signal once.

Is there a manual or any instructions for using IR Pilot?  Is this the plugin you would use to capture the IR signal? :-[

Also wondering if there is a way to set up an IR signal that would open up my online XM Radio on the computer and play it through my surround sound system. :`)

edited by tuicemen to fix smileys (for readability)
Note: just double click the smiley to add to your post (not cut and paste)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:14:01 am by Tuicemen »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: IR Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:10:38 am »

I just purchased USBUirt and trying to set it up to run my IR remote controlled fireplace with a user command.  `:)

When I use IR Pilot and click on the bottom "Fetch IR" a code appears in the box.  When I click test and press the remote it says "code matches.   ~:0~ If I click on the top "IR Fetch" and follow the instructions the program locks up.  (cB)
try saving once you get a code match message. you can always edit it latter.
It is possible you have the incorrect files for the usbuirt though in tests I ran using incorrect usburit files nothing worked.
The remote only blinks once when I push the button.  I notice others continue to blink, but this remote must just send the signal once.
The blinking depends on the IR signal more complex the signal the more blinks
Is there a manual or any instructions for using IR Pilot?  Is this the plugin you would use to capture the IR signal? :-[
KenRad did start to create a manual for the plugins http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=241.msg2730#msg2730
testing the link I notice it is broken so I'll try to get that fixed later today.
Also wondering if there is a way to set up an IR signal that would open up my online XM Radio on the computer and play it through my surround sound system. :`)
You can capture any IR signal with the USBUrit  and IRPilot You Can then use that to trip a user command to open programs use the IR setup in PCC settings to do that.
You could also use a X10 RF signal to trip a usercommand.
If you have a x10 remote any of media commands can be used to trip a usercommand.
 (Chr)
UpDate: Plugin manual link is fixed :)!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:47:22 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]