Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: looking for macro help  (Read 2206 times)

KENRAD

• PCC Tester
  • Helpful Rating: 4
looking for macro help
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »

I currently have the patio door that the dogs exit through when let out side monitored by a powerflash, I am looking for a macro or set of macros either in AHP or preferably ihouse that will accopmlish the following tasks.  This door is only used to allow the dogs in and out.  I am looking for a macro that will run a 3hour timer and have PCC anounce to let the dogs out every 3 hours from 8am to 10pm.  also I would like to be able to have it monitor a time frame that the dogs are out because the kids will let them out for short periods and then we have accidents because the kids don't give them enough time.  I am looking to have it run a 10 min timer if less then ten minutes anounce that the time was not long enough and over 10 min anounce a thank you message.  Any Ideas. 

Thanks Kenrad
I have no clue how to do this but its a lot of fun trying.
Win 8.1, win 7 64 and 32 bit,
XTBR, CM15A, ZTroller
PCC, T.A.C ,HS3, Nitrogenlogic remote, Bluewatch(BT), Bluewatch(WIFI), all plug ins
Microsoft kinect,
Nitrogen logic depth controllers
Phillips Hue, Global Cache, Hyperion, Kodi

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: looking for macro help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:12 am »

I don't think this can be done with a single macro although it may be possible with iHouse as I don't use macros or timers with it.
It however can be done with AHP and PCC or iHouse and PCC.
You'll need timers created in PCC, AHP or ihouse that trigger the phrase to let the dogs out every 3 hours.
That should get the kids started.
If you use AHP you'll need multiple macros.
With ihouse you might get it in one.
You'll need 1 flag may be more depending on how complicated you wish to get with anoucements
With 1 flag:
Macro triggered by powerflash
Check if flag one is set if set trigger PCC to say "The dogs haven't been out long enough, Please don't let them in yet!"(or something simular).
If flag1 not set, then set it, trigger PCC to say "thank you!"  wait 10 mins then reset it.

You might wish to use more flags to be sure the kids actualy do let the dogs out when PCC speeks the phrase to let them out.
in that case with the timer you'll need to trigger a macro that sets a new flag
and timers which are triggered 3 hours + 2mins or how ever long it should take the kids to get to the door.
have that trigger a macro that checks the condition of the extra flag and if still set trigger PCC to remind them.
in the macro triggered by the power flash have it rest the extra flag.

Hope that helps get you started!
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:29:48 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

KENRAD

• PCC Tester
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:02:44 am »

T,

Thanks for the ideas I was drawing a blank.    (CZB)   I have some macros setup and in testing I will post results

(Chr)Kenrad
XTBR, CM15A, ZTroller
PCC, T.A.C ,HS3, Nitrogenlogic remote, Bluewatch(BT), Bluewatch(WIFI), all plug ins
Microsoft kinect,

KENRAD

• PCC Tester
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:06 pm »

I have been playing with the macros and not having much luck yet.  I have reverted to just having PCC announce to let the dogs out at set times.  and stared to design macros to just cover the time that they are out, but now AHP is randomly causing PCC to anounce that the dogs were not out long enough.  and it appears that the timers are not working  I am using flag 4 on when the powerflash is triggered (j15on) then a 10 min delay and then clears the flag.  the second macro is set up with the conditions that if flag 4 is on have PCC announce that the dogs were not out long enough else have pcc announce thanks you for letting the dogs out.  With my thinking I figured that this should work but I'm missing something     :`)  any ideas.

If someone has ideas for Ihouse that would help because I find that the Ihouse macros seem far more stable then AHP.

(Chr)Kenrad
XTBR, CM15A, ZTroller
Microsoft kinect,

Hawk1

• Helpful Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:04:48 am »

Kenrad, can you send me a copy of the macro? Either in iHouse or AHP?  I can take a look at for you, and if I can't figure it out I'll forward to ITguy.  Better yet maybe post it on the iHouse forum.  I'm sure between the two of us we can figure it out.   ;>
"I don't know what I'm doing but, I'm having fun doing it!"
Windows Xp Home
Ihouse, BVC, PCC, Blue Iris
Cm15A Transceiver
V572 Receiver
XTB Amplifier
XTB-IIR Coupler, Amplifier, Repeater

KENRAD

• PCC Tester
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:50 am »

Hawk1, I have three macros in AHP.  I havent got any thing figured out yet for Ihouse Ill PM you with the details thanks

(Chr)Kenrad

XTBR, CM15A, ZTroller
Microsoft kinect,
Pages: [1]