Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.4 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 13355 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »

welcome aboard Gryphon YC
AHP lifejacket will give you a registered North American AHP
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Want to know what is in the works?
Thats the place to Look!

corgidaddy

• Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 02:18:39 pm »

Hi everyone, I bought an X10 camera maybe 20 years ago and set it up to try to catch a video of an intruder that was stealing food but my wife thought it was too creepy.
Unfortunately her diabetes ended her life last January.
I became aware that the intruder was still intruding. So I brought out the very old X10 camera (a wireless camera with a receiver base with an adapter that converts video into digital and uses USB to get it into the computer.
It had software that compared the current frame with previous frames and only recorded when there was a difference in the content of the frame. This saved on hard drive space and made reviewing the video easier.
Well I will post more in a thread in the X10 section of the site.
Thanks for adding me, Tu icemen.

Springsrick

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2016, 05:16:51 pm »

Greetings!

Many X10 devices installed, used to successfully control them with AH (IBM Version),  now just using the plug in control with rocker switches.

Now retired and anxious to catch up with new best way to get my old control algorithms working on a newer PC

reapergrim

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

Hello Everyone,

HAve a bunch of X-10 stuff that I never could get working 100%.  Best so far is turning on and off the christmas lights.  Found this forum and looking to see what else I can get going.  Lots of reading to go I think.

Todd

ez9

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »

Tuicemen: thanks for keeping a place for this exchange!  I've invested a lot in x10 devices over the years; have a whole box of unopened stuff, and setups at home and office; the office setup went down the other day; and now I'm finding out that it's a jungle out there, with everyone kind of on there own, except for this forum.  Hard to believe that someone has not made a business out of this system ... the hardware is still being sold, but the software is kaput?  Bizarre ... 

stevecon

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »

Hi - I've been using X-10 hardware and software for 15+ years.. I have Radio Shack and other labeled X-10 hardware too.  I didn't realize X-10 was gone until after the fact.  I had a PC running AHP sofware that had failing HD and I learned quick that X-10 was no more.  I lost everything but got AHP and Smart Macros back with Marmitek's version.  I'm looking to see what I can do now with the 3.18 and Marmitek's 3.16 version; but it looks like I'll have to do a lot of post reading to get up to speed.  Thanks for the work done thus far!

Steve

oilburner65

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2017, 12:19:38 pm »

Just an intro to keep myself activated. I've been using X-10 technology for longer than I can remember. I hope this forum can extend that usage. Thanks.

hillyerm

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »

Hi,

I've had X10 products since 1998 starting with the CM11A.  I currently have a CM15A and registered Activehome Pro 3.316 with no plugins and X10 Dispatch on Windows 7.  Over the years I have controlled blinds with a Drape Boss controller and X10 and currently control a Comcast DTA with X10 to IR over BOCS SD coax video distribution to my older TVs and the twin view of newer TVs. 

I bought some LIFX bulbs and wanted to figure out how to control them using my Palm Pad and other X10 remotes since the bulbs themselves don't interact well with X10 modules.  I was able to figure out how to do it with help from various sites including this one.  I have perused the x10 forums over the years and see that tuicemen.com also contains interesting and valuable information.

There are some splashy new things in home automation out there now but note how some of them depend on the cloud and the company's servers and won't work when the internet goes down or the company stops supporting the product (e.g. Revolv).

With the new year everyone should consider donating to help keep this site going https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3JHCZQGQHYKAJ .
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:47:39 pm by hillyerm »

cgordon64

• Beta Tester
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2017, 01:02:11 pm »

i have had x10 for about just as long cant wait to get it working with alexa.

jimsl78

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2017, 11:45:11 am »

Hello,
I have been procrastinating for 2 1/2 years moving from a Windows XP to a "new" Windows 7 computer because of the old programs I still want to run.   X10 Activehome Professional being one of them. Nice to see somebody doing this. Hoping to get AHP to run on Windows 7 or in Windows Virtual PC XP mode.

dcm

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2017, 11:12:15 am »

Hi, all.  I have been using ActiveHome since January 3, 2002.
I am located in Aurora, Ontario, Canada.
I am very happy to find a place where we can help and get help for continuing the use of our X10 modules.

Rofram

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 02:43:47 pm »

I'm a long time X-10 user using to control things at two locations. Lots of interesting and useful information here.
Thanks all for your contributions!

GreGK

Hi!
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2017, 01:06:54 pm »

I have ALS and am intereste in automating. The VA gave me a box of x10 stuff, and someone else gave me an Echo

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:59 pm »

Welcome aboard GreGK,
Depending on what X10 devices you have Alex10 may be just what your looking for.
Combine it with ActiveHome Pro and the possibilities are end else  ;>
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Want to know what is in the works?
Thats the place to Look!

bstone65

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2017, 05:19:52 pm »

Greetings everyone. I may be a little late getting to the automation party but I found a bunch of X10 devices in storage and have begun to automate my house so it looks "lived in" while I'm away on business, etc. I look forward to perusing all the info on the forum and hopefully implementing some of the ideas found here.

Brad
--
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7