Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Share your Automated House and Ideas in the Members Section! :0~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 16348 times)

bob2701

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 04:31:48 am »

Hi everyone, I have been using X10 with AHP for many years and like many others ran into problems when reloading the software. Thanks "T" for providing this forum and thanks to all for the input.   (GJ)

Bob

Bill H

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 06:39:27 am »

Hi all! I've been an X10 user since their inception somewhere in the 70s or early 80s and have enjoyed building up systems for my personal use for years. I've also followed T and many others who post here (and on the X10 user site for many years) and always admired their unlimited helpfulness and work.

While I am not a programmer, I hope to contribute my limited X10 knowledge wherever possible and -- once again -- learn from the masters. Bill H    (Chr)

Jonathan

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 06:11:54 pm »

Now that I've been posting for a while, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Jonathan Kramer, I'm a retired (71 yo) Professional Engineer who specialized in industrial control, analog and mixed signal circuit design, and small Linux systems. It's been so long since I was active in software, I'll need to study a lot before I can write anything, but I expect to eventually be able to write Perl, Java, and C. I've also written ASSM, Fortran, and IBM 360/370 JCL, although nobody probably wants them any more. I was an MS beta tester for NT 3.50, 3.51, and 4.0, and would like to serve as a beta tester here.
I am hugely grateful for the work (T) has done here! I had abandoned hope of getting AHP to work before I stumbled onto this site, but now it's installed and working.     <<<Copious applause and thanks>>>
Jonathan

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 07:06:37 am »

Welcome aboard Guys! ;>
I look forward to reading any posts you may submit!
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

rvrdadd

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 03:52:10 pm »

Thanks, this is the first forum that I have found with information on X10 Home Automation....  Hah, I thought I was the only one the still used this technology.....   

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »

I thought I was the only one the still used this technology.....
Welcome aboard, you will soon see your far from alone. ;>
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

tscholl

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 04:42:25 pm »

Just wanted to post, I was a new member about a year ago but never posted.  I have been using X10 since the early 80's I started using the original serial interface, then moved to a CM11 and then to a CM15A.

Like most the only currently functional install is running on a old XP machine that has Smart Macro's, and IWatch Out installed. 

I also have a Window 7 32bit install of "AHP" is "officially registered" but none of the extra's are activated on that installation. (The servers were disconnected when I went to activate those modules).   

I have also installed Tuicemen's 3.318 package on a Window 7 64bit machine.   So basically I'm trying to see if I can't get 3 working installations. 

Looking forward to checking out the site and see what progress has been made since last summer. 

If anyone needs any information from my working install let me know.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 04:53:08 pm »

Welcome aboard.
Using info from your XP Machine and AHP lifejacket you can get AHP working on all machines registered to the user of AHP on your XP machine.
All plugins that are registered on the XP machine will also get registered on the new PCs.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

tscholl

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 06:07:56 pm »

From what I've read Lifejacket seems to be just what I need.  Now to work through the information to figure out how it all works.

Still reading...... 

skipwill

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2015, 07:00:08 am »

Glad to see this forum up and running! Thanks also for restoring the old x10 forum. I have been away from the x10 stuff for several years.  Want to get back into home automation again and make use of my x10 stuff if i can.

Thanks for keeping x10 alive!

Skip

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2015, 07:44:34 am »

Glad to see this forum up and running! Thanks also for restoring the old x10 forum. I have been away from the x10 stuff for several years.  Want to get back into home automation again and make use of my x10 stuff if i can.

Thanks for keeping x10 alive!

Skip
I'll try to keep this forum going as long as I can! ;>
Most x10 things are still useable However I expect the old X10 cameras to soon be obsolete as many are moving to 64 bit operating systems and many capture cards don't work with that.
Even the VCR commanders still have some life left thought that is dwindling too.
When a X10 module is reintroduced Authinx is adding new components making them more reliable in todays electronic world.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Punka

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 03:36:39 am »

Hi everyone ! My name is Pavel Suvorov, I'm from RF, Korolev. I've been using X10 about 2 years, for my home automation. All the solutions, I've found, were too expenive and based on hardware controllers. Tryed some software, like PowerHome, X10 Commander, I chose AHP 3.318 like most universal and having functoinality of making macroses. But really there is almost no information about it.
So, thanks Tuicemen for making this forum and developing X10 soft.

mcdermott15

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »

Hi.  New here.  I've been using x10 for over 10 years.  I have most of the lights in my house setup.  I own Active Home Pro.  Like others, the registration servers were down.  I have my license files still so version 3.318 works.  I just lost my active phone capability.  I'm here to learn more about what my options are to get some sort of web/smartphone control back

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »

if your smartphone is android you can look at the TAC section
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

grizzy

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here but an old timer to x10 (25+ years and loosing count fast)

Thank you for your time and effort maintaining this forum !!

I have X10 primary with some migration to insteon. Controllers networked are the isy 994, Twin Lake Home Automation, AHP and Dedicated Atmel / Pic Microcontroller boards.

Keep up the good work.
Don
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7