Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: X10Relayer over Intranet?  (Read 1222 times)

Knightrider

• Helpful Rating: 5
  • Home Automator since 1988
    • This Automated House
X10Relayer over Intranet?
« on: January 02, 2011, 07:26:17 am »

Does X10Relayer work to connect the apps on a local machine only, or will it connect all machines running on ethernet on my home LAN?

This could be the gateway solution to the multiple CM15A on multiple machines conundrum.
Tuicemen Software picks up where AHP left off!

Satisfied BVC user since November 2007

Proud Supporter of Xenia Kids and Robots. 
Introducing kids to high technology and teamwork since 2009.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: X10Relayer over Intranet?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:25:36 am »

X10Relayer does both! ;)
Having all programs on one machine talk to each other was as important to me as talking to all PCs on my home network!
Althought I could have multi CM15 or Cm19 My wife hates to many things connected to her PC.
I also never hear her call me from the office. now she can Page me via PCC and my dinner never gets cold! (RoFL)
Very few programs will let a server and client run on the same machine not to mention a server and 99 clients.
Now If you had that many client apps running you would need a wack of memory and a powerful CPU I would think.
The most I've had running on one machine has been the server (x10Relayer) and 4 client apps.
Now the client apps weren't using much from the CPU but that would be a restriction as well.
One will have to experiment to see what all aps can talk on the same machine for now my programs work together but I guess if they were all running to their max I may have an issue. :-\
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:28:29 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]