Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Share your Automated House and Ideas in the Members Section! :0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Smart Macros  (Read 135 times)

squirrel1162

• Helpful Rating: 0
Smart Macros
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »

First off, I want to thank the Tuicemen team for trying to help me.  I am unable to activate my smart macro designer.  After trying AHPLifejacket, I still could not get the macro designer to work.  I think it may be because I no longer have the activation codes.  When I start AHPLifejacket, and tap the Stopx10nets, the change id button is grayed out.  I see the volume id 1C96-1538.  Seems as if all "activate" buttons are grayed (inactive).  I know no one will let me use their activation code (security reasons) and I appreciate that.  But, I am wondering if someone knows an easy way to make my own working code?  I wish to thank those in advance who respond.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Smart Macros
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 01:59:40 pm »

Smart macros  require registration to create new ones.
AHP-Lifejacket needs to be run as admin even if your already logged on as one.
The Volume id which displays will give you the default checked plugins registered.
Try running in safe mode some PCs for whatever reason will only allow changes to the volume ID in safe mode and especially reverting the ID keeping changes to AHP
When you stop X10nets the change ID button will not be active until you get a message that X10nets is stopped appears. This takes some time on slower machines.

There is a way to make your own codes for all plugins but this requires you to create a server and have ahp calls go to it. you then have to decode the request and send the corresponding response.
Not an easy thing to do  for most including me. :-[
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Brian H

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »

AHP-Lifejacket does not need any activation codes.
Now that the X10WTI registration servers are gone. The code is useless anyway.

squirrel1162

Smart Macros
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:52:15 pm »

I am pleased to announce that I was able to get to get my smart macros working again.   (GJ)  As many of you know, I couldn't get them to work at all.  So, instead of starting AHP first, then Lifejacket, I did it the other way around.  Frankly, I didn't have much confidence of it succeeding (considering the luck I was having), but when I fired up AHP the smart macro utility kicked right in.  It's a wonder I wasn't heard in Australia!    ~:0~  So thanks to EVERYONE who sent me suggestions and tried to help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 03:54:32 am »

lifejacket should have stated AHP was running and required closing before you could stop x10.nets.Lifejacket won't work with AHP running and only needs to be loaded and run once.
Glad yo hear you got it working ! :)!
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]