Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Share your Automated House and Ideas in the Members Section! :0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Helpful Idea  (Read 89 times)

squirrel1162

• Helpful Rating: 0
Helpful Idea
« on: August 29, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »

Here is an idea I use that may save you a stubbed toe in the middle of the night.  I have two (2) vanity lights in my bathroom.  I set up e macros to turn on socket rockets separately after midnight.  Between 12 and 8a the sensor will trigger the lights according to the day of the week.  Keep 1 light on for the specified time, turn on the hall light to 50% for less than a minute (to see to get back in bed) then turn it off.  This is my idea.
Macro 1:
condition:  time range:  12a-8a
day        :  Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun

Macro 2:
condition:  time range:  12a-8a
day        :  Tues, Thurs, Sat

Macro 1 is for Vanity Light 1 and Macro2 is for Vanity light 2.
I have mine stay on for 45 seconds, go off, hall light comes on 50% for 15 seconds, then goes off.  In both macros.  Simple but effective toe protector!
 :)   ;)   :)   ;)

I'd be interested to hear from other that have used this idea, and what they think of it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Helpful Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »

Before I retired I had nightlights on light modules which were activated at specific times since I was on shift work it varied when they were required.
I overcome the shift work hurtle with a motion sensor just out side the bedroom door. The sensor fired a macro and if it was between a specific time it would fire other things else just turn on the night lights in the bathroom.
I didn't need light in the bed room as light from two alarm clocks was enough to prevent a stubbed toe. ;>

Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

roger1818

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: Helpful Idea
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:39 am »

Good idea squirrel1162,

One other idea to deal with variable bed times is I have a "Goodnight" macro I run to turn out all of the lights in the house (including the bedroom lights).  This macro could raise a "nighttime" flag (which could be cleared with another timer macro that runs at 8:00am or sunrise).  Your macros could then be conditioned on the "nighttime" flag instead of the time of day.

I assume you use the different days of the week to even out the wear on the bulbs?
Pages: [1]