Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.4 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thank you very much  (Read 244 times)

sniickers

• Helpful Rating: 0
Thank you very much
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »

I didn't know where to post and apologize if in the wrong place. I purchased pcc companion long ago and have been tracking tuicemen work for at least a decade. Your forums are well kept and practically eliminate the need to ask questions. I finally requested to join the forums hoping to find a way to control my x10 system via Google voice. A last Alex10 seems to be it. I'm excited to install it and just want to say thank you very much.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Thank you very much
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:40:34 am »

Your Welcome! :)! and welcome aboard!
Alex10 was created primarily with Alexa in mind the fact that it should work with Google voice is an added plus!
I've very interested in your progress with Google voice as no one has yet commented here on how well it works with Alex10 or for HA in general.
I've read else where that Google lagged in the HA control compared to Amazon However given a tool that works with both I would suspect them to be equal.
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Want to know what is in the works?
Thats the place to Look!

sniickers

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:23:39 pm »

Hey, sorry for the delay. I just noticed your response. I can say with comfort my Google home works perfectly. Once I set up all my modules in alexa, I went into my Google assistant settings and it identified my modules as Phillip hue modules. Everything works as it should. Most responses are immediate. Occasionally there is a up to 5 sec delay. Don't know why, might be because I am running and old laptop as my home server. Ahp, pcc companion, x10 commander and a few others with 1 Gb of memory on a mobile am 3500+ processor. Lol. I recently logged in to look into setting up controlling my ip cameras with alexa. Looking forward to it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:09:01 am »

Excellent news Thanks.
I also experience delays which are usually commands that are saved as a batch file, these like the all lights on/off have that extra step slowing down the process.
Members Only Section!

Thats the place to Look!

sniickers

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:25 pm »

Welp, I have recently started to not only get a delay, but a long delay before Alexa completes my request using Google Home. It takes between 5 to 10 secs. I just don't understand what could have happened to cause the delay. It was initially about a 1 sec delay when I first installed Alexa.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 03:08:55 am »

Is the delay with the newest version of Alex10 and the bridge?
I had complained about a delay of bridge executed commands while beta testing the latest bridge with security. However the feature that caused that was moved to a command line option so Alex10 users can't inadvertently enable it.
You may wish to look at what all else is running on your PC
Use the task manager and look at what may be using lots of memory or CPU.
Particularly look at programs which memory or CPU usage continues to climb and never drops.
PCC and the bridge are high users but do a dump every so often.
if you have several programs like this you may need more memory or CPU power or limit ones usage.

Members Only Section!

Thats the place to Look!

sniickers

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 08:14:23 am »

Everything software wise has been updated. But I could use a faster pc. But one thing that I am noticing is Alexa is opening multiple instances of java. Almost 30 processes in some cases. Taking up as much as 500mb of ram. Is that normal?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »

Everything software wise has been updated. But I could use a faster pc. But one thing that I am noticing is Alexa is opening multiple instances of java. Almost 30 processes in some cases. Taking up as much as 500mb of ram. Is that normal?
no that's not normal ???
Members Only Section!

Thats the place to Look!

sniickers

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 03:21:04 am »

Well I updated my laptop from a single core to a 2 core processor, doubled the ram from 1gb to 2gb. In the process I noticed my java needed an update, did that. With that all said and done. All is well again. Back to the original response time. About a second after the voice command is given, My only worry now is going from win xp to 64 bit win 7. Don't judge me, I have been trying to hold on to xp for nonessential pcs that serve as servers.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:29:43 am »

I loved XP, however I've updated all my PCs even a old XP embedded one to Windows 10.
Windows 10 32 bit runs all the old XP programs very well.
Even AHP runs best on it which was built for Win 98.
Since Microsoft will soon stop supporting Win 7 it may be best to just move to 10. ;>
Members Only Section!

Thats the place to Look!
Pages: [1]