Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Share your Automated House and Ideas in the Members Section! :0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New possibilities for Alex10  (Read 342 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
New possibilities for Alex10
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:52 am »

With recent changes to the bridge it is possible to have Alexa not see a configured device thus not being able to trip it. this allows users to disable something from activating say while your away or sleeping. Of coarse I'll need to add the code to Alex10 for that but for now you can manually disable re-enable from the bridge.
Also the bridge keeps track of the devices status (on/off) or what it thinks it is.
I've been playing with get/put/post and believe I can now display the above info in Alex10.
if done this would display all devices in the bridge not just X10.
so if you had you hue bulbs configured they would show as would any other device. `:)
I could also enable one to trigger the device from Alex.
Maybe even down the road map a x10 RF signal to turn on/off one of those none X10 devices. `:)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

TulsaTV

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
Re: New possibilities for Alex10
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:08 pm »

Also the bridge keeps track of the devices status (on/off) or what it thinks it is.

I don't know if this is related, but after I make the DIM_50 command several times, it stops changing the light level, even though it still has enough brightness to go dimmer. If I turn the light off, then on again, it returns to the previous light level, and then the DIM_50 command has an effect again (though it is never as much as 50% reduction. The BRIGHT_100 on the other hand seems to take the light to its maximum level.)

Brian H

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 03:12:37 am »

Is the X10 module a wall switch and new enough to have the soft start and preset dim feature?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim

If it is a LM465 Lamp Module with soft start. They do not dim all the way down. They stop at maybe 20% bright.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:51:14 am »

I don't know if this is related, but after I make the DIM_50 command several times, it stops changing the light level, even though it still has enough brightness to go dimmer. If I turn the light off, then on again, it returns to the previous light level, and then the DIM_50 command has an effect again (though it is never as much as 50% reduction. The BRIGHT_100 on the other hand seems to take the light to its maximum level.)
While looking at making calls to the bridge from Alex10 I noticed the bridge dim commands seem to really be brighten commands.
Bridge emulates a Philips Hue hub and allows brighten intervals from 1-255.
X10 has a bright dim value of 1-100 so if your issuing 50 % each time your lucky your getting more then 2 commands. I know set the dim value at 10 in Alex10 as I was unaware as how it would work with Alexa. I'll lower the initial value to 5 for the next update to see if that helps.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:55:43 am by Tuicemen »
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

TulsaTV

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:06:24 am »

Is the X10 module a wall switch and new enough to have the soft start and preset dim feature?

Yes, it is a wall switch, bought around 2009, and your link describes its behavior.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 06:06:45 am »

I just noticed a new HA-Bridge version (4.2.0) has been released which I'm now testing.
So far it doesn't appear to offer any extra possibilities for Alex10.
That's not to say it doesn't as I haven't experimented with all the options the last Bridge update added. :o
Users can expect to see this new Bridge version included in the next update (1.5.2.7)

If you wish to play with it prior, you can download it from http://bwssystems.com/
Install it to the Alex10 folder stop the current bridge and delete your current HA-Bridge.jar file
rename the new HA-Bridge-4.2.0.jar file to HA-Bridge.jar and click on it to start the bridge, Or start it from Alex10. :)!
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]