Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.5 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Setting up a all lights on/off commands.  (Read 407 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Setting up a all lights on/off commands.
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:19 am »

There is a readme.txt file that explains a way to do this.
However there still seems to be some confusion as how to do this.
Here is a walk threw which hopefully is less confusing :
If you don't need or want Alex10 to show this command you can just skip to #8
1: Open the scripts folder and rename the AllLightsOn and AllLightsOff bat files to AllLightsOnOld and AllLightsOffOld or just delete them.
2: Open Alex10 to the setup page.
3: Add the friendly name "All Lights"
4: In the address select the proper method of transmit RF or PLC
5: If some of your or all your lights are in house code  "A" select "A1" if "B" select "B1"

6:Create the script (click the"+" button)
7: Open the scripts folder and edit the AllLightsOn.bat and AllLightsOff.bat files
8: if created from Alex10 In the alllightson.bat file the line that reads start "" Alex10 SEND....... change the "_On"to "_AllLightsOn"
change the "_Off" in the alllightsoff.bat to "_AllLightsOff"

So for each house code that has lights that you wish to turn on the bat file will have a lines like:
Code: [Select]
start "" Alex10 SENDPLC_C1_AllLightsOn
 start "" Alex10 SENDPLC_E1_AllLightsOn

if never created from Alex10 just edit the lines to reflect housecodes your lights are on as above
9: save the files, if you created these batch files with Alex10 refresh the bridge and have Alexa discover devices your done.
10: If you never created the batch files with Alex10 you need to open the HA-Bridge and manually add a device for the On URL you type in scripts/alllightson.bat and scripts/alllightsoff.bat for the Off url
11: click Add Bridge Device, once it is added you can tell Alexa to discover devices

(Chr)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:47:53 am by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Setting up a all lights on/off commands.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:09:14 am »

I continue to get questions about adding this, it doesn't help that the layout of the add/edit page keeps getting changed. ??? ::) :`)
Here is a step by step if you have version 4.1.0 of the bridge and don't wish the allLights device to display in Alex10:

1:In the bridge click on the add/edit text.
this will bring up the manual add section

2:In the Device name you type in your device name In this case we type All Lights

3: Scroll down to the Device Type(informational) and pull down the combo box and select Execute Script/Program

4: scroll down to the On items row, under the target  click on the small tab (red arrow is pointing at it) in bottom right and drag the box to the right to display "the Call". Here you type : Scripts/AllLightsOn.bat.
5: in the same On items row go to the far right and click on the Green Add button
6: scroll down to the Off Items in the target window type scripts/AllLightsOff.bat and click the Green Add button in that row
7: Go back to the top of the page just above where you typed the device name and click the Blue Add Bridge Device
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

TulsaTV

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:00:24 am »

Great! I was able to add both All Lights and All Units devices, with and without Alex10. Now I have a better idea what some of those fields are about.

When I pushed the Refresh button to "refresh the bridge", Alexa didn't seem to find the new device. Seems like I always had to also stop/start the bridge to make it work.

TulsaTV

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 11:16:40 am »

I had previously set up an Alexa Group called "Movie Time" to turn on/off selected X10 lights.

After fooling around with All Lights and All Units commands according to this thread, Movie Time activated a different set of devices than what I had selected before!

Evidently, the Renumber Devices button scrambled the table that Alexa was using, or maybe just the add/delete devices I had been doing caused that.

I went back into the Alexa app to reselect the proper devices for the Movie Time Group.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:53:09 pm »

Great! I was able to add both All Lights and All Units devices, with and without Alex10. Now I have a better idea what some of those fields are about.

When I pushed the Refresh button to "refresh the bridge", Alexa didn't seem to find the new device. Seems like I always had to also stop/start the bridge to make it work.
I found if I setup in alexa a reinitialize worked not a refresh Some times a reinitialize needed to be followed with a refresh but I've yet to have to stop and restart the bridge.
However I'm learning some Echos work differently then my Dot One Users needed to be rebooted before it would see devices in the bridge.
I had previously set up an Alexa Group called "Movie Time" to turn on/off selected X10 lights.

After fooling around with All Lights and All Units commands according to this thread, Movie Time activated a different set of devices than what I had selected before!

Evidently, the Renumber Devices button scrambled the table that Alexa was using, or maybe just the add/delete devices I had been doing caused that.

I went back into the Alexa app to reselect the proper devices for the Movie Time Group.
Adding simular devices in the bridge as well as Alex10 can mess things up.
I'm looking into a different method of adding and removing from Alex10 which should sync things better.
It is possible that the new bridge with its added options may also have scrambled things As alex10 was original created to work with 3.5.1 I believe.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]