Tuicemen.com

Advanced search  

News:

Alex10  (Build 1.5.3.4 ) is now  available for download ~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: X10 replacement recommendations  (Read 454 times)

breese

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
X10 replacement recommendations
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:16 pm »

I have been an X10 user a long time.
Seeing the issues with the new company not updating the software....
While I am not looking to spend a hug amount of money, I am looking for recommendations.

I would also like something (if possible) that will also use the X10 devices.
thanks...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: X10 replacement recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:24:16 am »

Are you looking for software or hardware?
There are many 3rd party softwares that will support X10 devices as well as other protocols.
I've played with a few different protocols all have their quirks.
Even different Wi-Fi devices that I've tried have left a sour taste in my mouth and now sit in my box of unused HA products.
For the money you can't beat X10.

The new company hasn't updated AHP because the code they have is a mess, I know I've seen it. Also they have been busy with the Wi-Fi module and software for it. I'm told it is on track for release later this year (possible for the holidays).
Yes we've all heard that before but my fingers are crossed that there are no more delays.

Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Want to know what is in the works?
Thats the place to Look!

woodymach

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:35:41 pm »

Hello.  I am a new member.  I have been using AHP for the past 15 years and all in all have been very happy with it.  When I got a new PC with Windows 10, I lost my original software but was finally able to get up and running again. Last week my CM15A module started acting up - would turn on lights but would not turn off.  I tried to update the module timers but there was no indication that anything was happening - from what I remember, it used to show that the CM15a was updating.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  From what I have been reading, it seems like the new owners of X10 are supposed to fix it by the end of 2017.  Are there any recommendations on some other software that would work with the X10 modules as I have quite a few installed.  Thanks in advance

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 24
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:43 pm »

Lights turning on but not off is a sign that you have them configured wrong in AHP.
Your lights most likely need to be configured as old lamps (non softstart)
If AHP is in the C:/Programfiles(x86) folder move it to C:
If AHP isn't displaying as registered get and run AHP-Lifejacket.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Want to know what is in the works?
Thats the place to Look!

bstone65

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 05:59:05 pm »

"...the new owners of X10..."? Cool! I've Got to do some more googling regarding X10. There are some real bargains out there on modules. The price seems to be right with X10.

Brian H

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 02:10:34 am »

"...the new owners of X10..."? Cool! I've Got to do some more googling regarding X10. There are some real bargains out there on modules. The price seems to be right with X10.

Been awhile but X10 Wireless Technologies went bankrupt. Closing the factories in China and headquarters in the USA. Authnix has purchased X10  and moved the X10WTI Web servers to a new location. Unfortunately much was lost or things like AHP registration could not be continued. I believe it was a privacy issue.
Tuicemen has made so many great programs like Life Jacket to allow us to continue with a registered AHP on computers.
Pages: [1]